Thursday 20 November 2008

Volunteering and Postgrad Open Days

Besides my uni work, I've been pretty busy lately getting involved with various RAG-related events, such as the Bath raid at the beginning of the month and tuck shop at Dylan's Quiz last Tuesday. I've also helped out at both Postgraduate Awareness Week (11-18th Nov) and the Postgraduate Open Day (19th Nov) as I found the open day I attended in March to be invaluable to my decision to choose BU to continue my studies.

I'm planning on helping out at a number of charity events before the end of term including two more RAG raids to the McFly concert at Wembley Arena on 27th Nov and Southampton on 29th Nov. I'm also going to be fundraising and selling ribbons on World AIDS Day on 1st December and also assisting with collecting food for the homeless around the area for Christmas.

It's certainly a busy time but I have a lot to make up for, considering that I had little involvement with my previous Students' Union at Plymouth. I just now need to find time for finishing that assignment... ;)

No comments: