Thursday 27 November 2008

Running and Raiding

Well I've certainly had a busy week, what with actually having some lectures and lab sessions for once! I attended the RAG committee meeting on Monday to propose a range of events for World AIDS Day this coming Monday. This was well received and I hope that the RAG committee will get together to raise plenty of cash for various AIDS-related charities and promote awareness of the condition.

As I'm off to Wembley Arena in London this evening on a RAG raid for the Meningitis Research Foundation (MRF) I won't be at tonight's Union exec meeting. However, it should be a great night where I'm hoping to raise as much as I can for our four core charities this year. I'm hoping to do even better than in Bath a few weeks ago at Southampton this Saturday where a group of us RAGgies are off to raise money for Shelter

I also hope to be helping out with the food collection for the homeless around the local area this Christmas along with Donuts for Darfur in the last week of term. I'll write up more about those nearer the time!

No comments: