Monday 12 January 2009

New Year, New Term!

Well it's the start of a brand new term and this means it's about time I made an update to this blog!

I don't know about you but I had a great time at home for Christmas and New Year, in fact I'm still here until tomorrow when I'll be travelling back from Plymouth. Some of us postgrads have it fairly easy...well perhaps in timetabling at least! :P

While its nice to be home, I've certainly missed life at BU and look forward to getting back in the swing of things during this week. This term should be busy, both with work and social events. The first exec meeting of the term (and the year) is this coming Thursday, so as usual if there's anything you'd like me to mention there, just send it along in an e-mail. Also, there's plenty of volunteering events including two upcoming RAG raids this month, which is likely to be in both Poole and Reading. It's also my birthday in less than two weeks so that should be an event in itself! Heck almost 25...I so wish I was an undergrad again in some ways but would I really want to go through it all again? Maybe I would if I had studied at BU and not lived at home!

Anyway, as per usual I'll continue to post up regular updates on what I'm up to both in general and in regards to the Union. It would be great to get some more postgrad-oriented events organised this term and also start the foundation of a Postgraduate Society, something that may keep a continuing presence for all postgrads to be involved in for this year and the future.

No comments: